CJCA proudly honored juvenile justice reform leader Laurie Garduque, Director of Justice Reform at the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, at a ceremony in Chicago during its first annual Leadership Institute last week. Laurie received CJCA's Leadership Award for her 22 years' dedication to the youths, leaders, professionals, families and communities involved in juvenile justice systems across the country.
As a long-time colleague of Laurie's, I know her vision, extraordinary leadership and dedication to MacArthur’s Models for Change reform initiative and unwavering commitment to better outcomes for youths, families and communities deserves to be applauded.
Several of Laurie’s colleagues who were in the audience rose to add personal reflections on her cause to create a fair, rational and effective juvenile justice system as well as fond memories of working closely with her.
- Written by Edward Loughran
More posts by this author
- Nevada DHHS/DCFS Seeks Deputy Administrator
- CJCA Launches Toolkit: Reducing the Use of Isolation
- The Latest from Illinois - Unveiling of the 2015 Strategic Plan
- Legislative Reforms in Juvenile Detention and the Justice System
- CJCA Signs Joint Statement on Utility of Risk and Needs Assessments
- Because Kids are Different: Five Opportunities for Reforming the Juvenile Justice System
- David Hipp recognized as Outstanding Government Leader at the 10th Annual Mental Health Mahalo Awards
- Juvenile Offenders and Victims: 2014 National Report
- National Juvenile Justice Experts Announce First Ever Juvenile Probation Reform Academy Exclusively for Probation and Parole Professionals
- Executive Director's Update
- Can tech transform education for juvenile offenders?
- Positive Reviews from a Great Winter Business Meeting
- MA Commissioner Forbes is Re-Appointed
- Opportunity Launched for States to Improve Policies and Practices for Justice-Involved Youth with Behavioral Health Disorders
- Arkansas Announces Job Search for New DHS Director
- Webinars To Discuss Family Involvement in Juvenile Justice
- OJJDP Administrator Robert Listenbee Joins Members for Second Annual CJCA Leadership Institute Meeting in Chicago
- CJCA Presents the 2014 Outstanding Administrator and President’s Awards at 20th Anniversary Dinner
- History of CJCA: The New Millennium (2000-2004)
- CEEAS Announces Start from Scratch, a Nationwide Programming and Animation Initiative