Dear CJCA members,
I’m writing to make you aware of an opportunity for your staff to join the Council of Juvenile Correctional Administrators (CJCA) as an Affiliate Member for 2017.
As you may know, CJCA represents the youth correctional chief executive officers in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and major metropolitan counties. Since 1994, CJCA has worked to improve state and local youth correctional services and practices and to provide national leadership and leadership development for individuals responsible for the systems.
Juvenile justice and youth corrections have experienced many changes during the past 15 years: low-level offenders have been diverted from the system leaving facilities with older high-risk offenders, youths with mental health problems have flooded the system and programs grounded in evidence-based principles are routinely utilized in many facilities.
Since first being offered in 2016 the CJCA Affiliate Membership has created a new community of juvenile justice practitioners. Benefits of membership include access to the latest research on relevant juvenile justice issues, the opportunity to register for CJCA webinars and open forums featuring experts on various juvenile justice issues, a dedicated page on the CJCA Social Network site for members to share ideas and promising approaches to managing and treating adolescent offenders and more.
The CJCA Affiliate Membership is being offered to staff in programs and other professionals for annual dues of $35.00. This is a great opportunity for your executive leadership team and others to engage with a professional organization and access materials, resources, training and networking opportunities to better prepare and educate themselves in a realm of juvenile justice topics.
CJCA iis happy to welcome 29 new Affiliate Members from the Louisiana Office of Juvenile Justice! We are glad they have joined our network and community of juvenile justice professionals.
Please see http://cjca.net/index.php/aboutus/membership for a description of the affiliate membership along with the flyer. Interested staff members can go to the CJCA website: www.cjca.net and click on CJCA store (bottom of the page) to join.
- Written by Mike Dempsey
More posts by this author
- Corrections Today Article from CJCA on Reducing Isolation
- YICPM RFA - Cohort II
- The Impressive Top-to-Bottom Makeover of the Massachusetts Juvenile Justice System
- Juvenile Justice Information Exchange: Sexual Abuse of Youth in Custody: What Makes a Facility Sexually Safe?
- Utah Public Radio: Is There Racial Inequality in Utah Juvenile Justice System? By Ashley Stilson
- Courthouse News Service: Congressmen Rally Behind Juvenile-Justice Reform
- From the Juvenile Justice Information Exchange: New Poll Shows Widespread Support for Rehabilitation Over Incarceration. By John Holland
- Juvenile Justice Information Exchange: Adult Courts Degrade Health of Juveniles, Their Families, California Study Finds
- The Texas Tribune: Juvenile justice advocates look to raise age of criminal responsibility to 18
- State lawmakers are looking at changes to the Massachusetts criminal justice system, which could keep teenagers away from adult prisons.
- CJCA Leadership Institute 2016 Meeting
- Logansport Juvenile Correctional Facility Hosts Open House for a New Youth Transition Reentry Independent Living (YTRI) Unit
- Charles Flanagan and Susan Burke Receive President’s Award for Exemplary Service