The purpose of the CJCA Resource Network For Youth Correction Leaders and Professionals is to transfer knowledge, innovations and practical reform strategies developed by John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Models for Change (MfC) reform initiative.
The CJCA Resource Network will use a three-pronged approach to transfer knowledge and expand expertise:
1) National Hub: Online Center for Information, Activities and Communications
- CJCA Resource Network Webpage
- Library and links to MfC products, tools and learning
- Help Desk for requests for information, assistance and CJCA Resource Network events
- Designated social network
- Quarterly CJCA Resource Network Open Forum Discussions with technical assistance providers
- Webinar trainings provided alternate months on specific topics
2) The Leadership Institute: Annual National Conferences
- CJCA Leadership Institute, “Doing More with Less,” Oct. 9-11, 2013, Chicago.
- CJCA Leadership Institute, Oct. 1-3, 2014, Chicago, topic to be determined.
- Best practice presentations by experts from recognized national organizations
- Work group sessions to network and brainstorm issues and solutions
- Opportunities to share successes and failures, gaps in services and need
3) Training and Technical Assistance Grants: Implementing Learning
The CJCA Resource Center will offer Training and Technical Assistance Grants as follows:
- Four awards up to $25,000 each
- Requirements: Engage MfC technical assistance providers to deepen implementation and knowledge of tools, materials, practices and approaches learned at the CJCA Leadership Institute; collect evaluation data and share lessons learned.
- Applications available November 2013 on the CJCA Resource Network webpage
The CJCA Resource Network is made possible by a generous grant by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation to the Council of Juvenile Correctional Administrators to connect, develop and strengthen youth corrections leaders so that they may implement and sustain reforms in their systems to improve outcomes for youth, families and communities.