Reducing Isolation in Youth Facilities
The RIYF initiative is a collaboration between the Center for Coordinated Assistance to States (CCAS), the American Institute of Research (AIR), and CJCA. The nationwide initiative focuses on providing support to those jurisdictions implementing strategies to reduce the use of isolation in youth facilities. The feedback from the first four rounds of RIYF participants, have been overwhelmingly positive with jurisdictions reporting the technical assistance they received was extremely valuable. To briefly summarize, the RIYF Technical Assistance program consists of:
- Group Technical Assistance Calls led by panel experts on the subject of isolation (total of 3 calls);
- Webinars led by subject matter experts which provide details of the “Reducing Isolation in Youth Facilities Toolkit” (total of 3 webinars);
- Individual monthly TA calls between the Team Leader and team members from your jurisdiction (total of 6 calls, one per month);
- Individual check-ins with your jurisdiction’s Team Leader (monthly); and
- A Team Leader Collaboration and Networking meeting (Team Leaders only).